• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Network Access Point without Ethernet

Jul 1, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have recently moved into a student building and decided to get my own personal network to connect some of my smart devices (google home, chromecast, etc) to, however, after buying a router to create an access point (wich i've done before) i've since found out that i dont have any wired internet available to me, just Wifi. I was wondering if there is any way i can make my own Wifi network from an already existing wifi network? My router is new and is the tp-link Archer A50. I also do not have acces to the original router.

after doing some research i have found out that it can possibly bridge my router to create a wired connection., but i'm not sure if i can also set up the bridged connection to be seperate Wifi network without having to buy a second router (if that would even work in the first place)

Any help is much appreciated

Fanoliets

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS