Network Adapter Asus Motherboard Driver Problems

tuck535

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I just built a new pc, after i installed the OS (windows 7 64bit) it took me to the home screen. I went to download the drivers and it says that I have no internet connection when i have an ethernet cord connected to the pc. After troubleshooting, it told me that I and to update my network adapter driver. I went to the ASUS website, found my motherboard (ASUS M5A97 R2.0) went to support, then downloaded the LAN driver. When I try to install it to my new pc, It tells me that it found not find the REALTEK network controller and cannot install the driver.

PLEASE Help! any suggestions are appreciated. :D

brarboy

Honorable
go to device manager in control panel. Look for Network Adapter and expand it. Right click on Realtek or whatever you see in that option. Click update driver software. In the next option, choose the directory where you have downloaded the drivers and install them :D

ef37a

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
"go to device manager in control panel. Look for Network Adapter and expand it. Right click on Realtek or whatever you see in that option. Click update driver software. In the next option, choose the directory where you have downloaded the drivers and install them"

How can the OP do that^ when he cannot connect to the internet?
I am in this thread because I am in a similar boat, I cannot get the MOBO Ethernet adaptor to work even after running the MOBO chipset drivers. I have bought a e'net dongle with a driver disc and that gets me connected but I want to be on copper.

TRENDING THREADS