Network adapter constantly disconnecting

LegitPotato

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
So my network adapter is constantly disconnecting on me recently. Not sure if this is a Windows 10 problem. I have to either physically reconnect the wifi adapter or enable/disable it through device manager. It's kind of annoying since it happens 1-3 times per hour.

Steps I've tried:
Uninstalling/ Updating networks drivers
Restarting the computer
Disabling the power management and selective suspend under device manager
Disabling selective suspend under power options
Disabling ipv6
Disabling 802.11n support
Disabling a bunch of other network adapters and settings
Assigning static IP
Changing pc name

Steps I have not tried yet (need to wait):
Testing network adapter on another pc
Testing with another network adapter

Every time it disconnects, there's a warning logged in event viewer:

The network interface "Linksys WUSB600N Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band ver. 2 #3" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands.
This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

It happened 40+ times today, and waiting or using the built in troubleshooter does not help. It seems like my network adapter shuts down immediately after this warning, since it goes cold and no more blinking lights. I know for sure it's not my modem or router since I can still use the wifi on my phone with full signal.

What do you think? I'm stumped on this one since Google hasn't given me any real results. I'm probably just going to buy a new network adapter if nothing works

Thanks for reading

Solution
I just got a new cheap TP Link wifi adapter, seems perfect. Runs a lot cooler and is a lot smaller than my linksys one - its been around 5 years now, it was good while it lasted.

My workaround was to run this script using task scheduler periodically whenever windows detects a disconnect (event 10001 for actually disconnecting and event 10400 for the reset warning):

netsh interface set interface "Wi-Fi" DISABLED
netsh interface set interface "Wi-Fi" ENABLED

Replace Wi-Fi with your connection name - it was just Wi-Fi for me.
For more details on the workaround, look here:
http://superuser.com/questions/262799/how-to-launch-a-command-on-network-connection-disconnection

LegitPotato

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I just got a new cheap TP Link wifi adapter, seems perfect. Runs a lot cooler and is a lot smaller than my linksys one - its been around 5 years now, it was good while it lasted.

My workaround was to run this script using task scheduler periodically whenever windows detects a disconnect (event 10001 for actually disconnecting and event 10400 for the reset warning):

netsh interface set interface "Wi-Fi" DISABLED
netsh interface set interface "Wi-Fi" ENABLED

Replace Wi-Fi with your connection name - it was just Wi-Fi for me.
For more details on the workaround, look here:
http://superuser.com/questions/262799/how-to-launch-a-command-on-network-connection-disconnection

Solution

TRENDING THREADS