[SOLVED] Network Adapter Issues

Jun 5, 2020
Woke up this morning, and the computer is unable to connect to the internet. I run the troubleshooter, and get the following message:

“Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.”

This is a relatively new computer that we built from home, and used a Windows 10 USB to install the OS. It’s been working just fine until now, and I have no idea what caused it to break- I can’t think of anything besides the power flashes caused by the storms last night, but we do have a surge protector. I’ve tried:
•Running the different troubleshooters
•Restarting the computer
•Resetting the network
•Checking for network adapter updates from the device manager (both from the PC itself, and the Windows 10 USB files)
•Rolling back the adapter updates (this option was unavailable, so I don’t think this was caused by an update)
•Uninstalling all the adapters and resetting the computer

Any help is useful, let me know if you need any more information.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Wired or wireless network adapter? If wired, did you try another known working ethernet cable?

Also download the drivers via the applicable network adapter's manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure for your network.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Wired or wireless network adapter? If wired, did you try another known working ethernet cable?

Also download the drivers via the applicable network adapter's manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure for your network.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS