[SOLVED] Network Adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while gaming

Wiscool

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Hello everyone!

Thank you for looking at my question.

I'm making this post for my wife;
Whenever she's playing a game (Call of Duty: Cold War) her USB Network Adapter (TP-LINK Archer T2U v3) keeps disconnecting and immediately reconnects again (from and to the PC). But because she loses connection, the game is forced to restart.
CoD:CW is actually the only moment it happens. Whenever she is watch YouTube or something, the problem does not occur.
Obviously, this is annoying to say the least.

Specs:
Windows 10
I7-980x
Gtx 1060 6gb
16 GB DDR3
Network adapter: TP-LINK Archer T2U v3

Things tried:
  • Energy power plan: High Performance
  • Disable USB suspension
  • Unchecked “Windows is allowed to turn off this device to save power”
  • Tried another TP-LINK Archer T2Uv3 (mine; which works perfectly)
  • Re-installed the latest Driver for the TP-LINK from manufacturer website
  • Re-installed all USB drivers (uninstalled in device manager and reboot)
  • All DHCP settings are put to automatic.
  • Windows is up to date

Maybe worth to mention:
  • Whenever she connects her Web-cam (Logitech c922 pro) The device is not recognized (despite being a plug and play device, even with recommended software installed.) It takes a lot of in- and unplugging for it to work
  • CoD:CW is actually the only moment it happens. Whenever she is watch YouTube or something, the problem does not occur.
  • other connected USB devices are Wireless Logitech Mouse and a simple keyboard.

Thank you for taking the time to read my question, any feedback is welcome!

Solution
I would still try a cheap USB extension cable to get the device away from the machine.

You have tried the most common things to fix this, in particular the driver. Make sure windows did not update this itself with its generic ones.

You could leave a constant ping run to the router IP to see if you actually are getting network drops. I suspect you are.

Can you in some way test this with a ethernet cable to be sure that that the outage is wifi and not something else.
A online game has a different traffic pattern than most other forms of internet use. There is a constant stream of data being sent as well as received.

Normally I would say to try things like USB extension cables for those small usb devices but key here is you have tried another device that is identical that works. That means it almost has to be a defective device.

Wiscool

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
A online game has a different traffic pattern than most other forms of internet use. There is a constant stream of data being sent as well as received.

Normally I would say to try things like USB extension cables for those small usb devices but key here is you have tried another device that is identical that works. That means it almost has to be a defective device.

Thank you very much for your input!

I'm afraid I might have not explained it right;

The device this I used that worked correctly, works correctly on my computer but not I on hers.

Also, it doesn't matter which USB port we use (front panel or directly into the motherboard) the issue still persist.

I would still try a cheap USB extension cable to get the device away from the machine.

You have tried the most common things to fix this, in particular the driver. Make sure windows did not update this itself with its generic ones.

You could leave a constant ping run to the router IP to see if you actually are getting network drops. I suspect you are.

Can you in some way test this with a ethernet cable to be sure that that the outage is wifi and not something else.

Solution