Network adapter missing in Device manager

Rowan Garcia

Reputable
May 31, 2015
After a 3 weeks vacation I wasn't able to use my Computer. when I tried using it, it has this red "X" in the monitor icon. I tried checking my Device Manager and I saw no "Network adapter" tab, Nothing at all even "Other devices" or something like that. I tried changing different Ethernet cables everything is not working for this PC, but in other PC every cable works. I tried the running the CD that came with my Motherboard, but it doesn't have some LAN or Network Drivers in it...

Before my vacation everything was working fine.

This is the list of things that's in my Device manager :
http://i.imgur.com/SfAfTLv.png

I Have a : (In case it's needed)
Foxconn n15235 motherboard (Kinda old...)
Nvidia gt 220
intel Pentinum(R) dual-core CPU

Solution

Reyaz123

Admirable
What is the model of your computer? You can run a google search on the model of your laptop (example Lenovo G10 drivers) and click on the official website to download the drivers for it. Every company has a website you can go to, to download drivers that came with it

Rowan Garcia

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Well sir/ma'am, I've managed to find a LAN Driver. But after the installation it said "Realtak network controller could not found, if deep sleep mode is enabled plug the cable" is there a way to fix it?

Btw. Model is Foxconn G41MXE

Reyaz123

Admirable

Try setting your power settings to high performance for now, reboot and try to reinstall it

Edit: If that doesn't work, check if the website has the drivers for your version of windows (example Windows 7 32-bit lan drivers) Opening msinfo32 should show you full details on your system model.

Rowan Garcia

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Those errors are just antivirus updates since I'm not connected to any network/internet for several days... I believe nic card isn't disabled.

Rowan Garcia

Reputable
May 31, 2015

I have some spare NIC.. but it's connected to a different motherboard.

Rowan Garcia

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Well the high performance settings didn't work. the one I downloaded was for windows 7 32 and 64 bit. I have w7 64bit. Seems like there's no more Other LAN drivers for w7 in their website.

Reyaz123

Admirable

Do a system restore to revert back in time to when your network card was working fine. Hope this helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS