[SOLVED] Network adapter missing

Sep 8, 2019
I return my older computer (windows 7 Home Premium) to factory condition, everything seem to work fine but when I tried to go on the internet from a Ethernet connection (no wifi on desktop), it says "no connections are available". I went to Device Management and notice the Network tab was missing. how can i fix this issue?

Desktop, model: HP Pavilion Slimline s5623w

https://postimg.cc/68Y6PSjd

Solution
Take the side panel off the PC. Look at the motherboard and find the model number. It should be printed directly on the motherboard somewhere. Usually along the top edge or somewhere down the middle of the board. It's possible as well that your network adapter is simply not functional anymore. Was it working normally prior to the reset to factory configuration or have you had issues with it previously?

You might want to extract your product key, if you don't have a copy of it somewhere on a sticker on the PC case, and simply do a CLEAN install of Windows 7 rather than a factory reset that puts all the original bloatware back on there. Most of these systems come with so much useless crap on them from the factory that it's like having...
Sep 8, 2019
Take the side panel off the PC. Look at the motherboard and find the model number. It should be printed directly on the motherboard somewhere. Usually along the top edge or somewhere down the middle of the board. It's possible as well that your network adapter is simply not functional anymore. Was it working normally prior to the reset to factory configuration or have you had issues with it previously?

You might want to extract your product key, if you don't have a copy of it somewhere on a sticker on the PC case, and simply do a CLEAN install of Windows 7 rather than a factory reset that puts all the original bloatware back on there. Most of these systems come with so much useless crap on them from the factory that it's like having it come with a virus preinstalled for you. LOL. Seriously.

Solution
Sep 8, 2019

You might want to extract your product key, if you don't have a copy of it somewhere on a sticker on the PC case, and simply do a CLEAN install of Windows 7 rather than a factory reset that puts all the original bloatware back on there. Most of these systems come with so much useless crap on them from the factory that it's like having it come with a virus preinstalled for you. LOL. Seriously.
I have the product key, how can I do a clean install? I don't have a CD that I think came with the desktop.