Question Network Adapter(WiFi) issues Asus PCE AC88

Jun 8, 2019
ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 4x4

The main problem I am having is the adapter will more or less shutdown and I have to run the troubleshooter to 'reset' it . Furthermore sometimes this does not work; the status will still say the PC is connected but is having problems with the connection and will not display any network available to connect to I am also not able to use the windows 10 search bar and some of the computer settings windows, like power option will not be responsive once I open the window. When this happens I either have to wait until the adapter shuts down completely or run the driver repair through the driver setup.

There is no constant to the intervals between shutdowns, sometimes it will happen 5-30 mins after a reset sometimes it will go 8 hours or 4 days then reoccur regardless if it is under heavy load or not.

Also I had to remove and reinstall the driver today to get the adapter to comeback on. The adapter was shutting down almost immediately after a reset and after I shutdown the whole PC for 5 hours it continued. I resulted to reinstalling the driver.
This was seemingly a fix for about an hour before the adapter began shutting down again.

I have been using this adapter for 3 months. This problem started about 1 and a half months ago. The adapter will also not connect to 2.4 connections this started happening about 3 weeks ago.

This is the first ASUS product I have ever had a real problem with, but this is also the first ASUS product that I am unimpressed with. Usually I am use to a fancy driver suite with advanced controls that I can play with.

Any help would be nice and thank you in advance.

This sounds like a hardware issue maybe due to heat.

There is very little you can set in the drivers. Almost all the stuff is negotiated with the router and the router has most the controls so there is not much you can set. All the really fun stuff you used to be able to set in wifi drivers has been removed or restricted because of people being able to set things that violate the fcc regulations.

Make sure you have the drivers from asus windows update unless you disable the option will update device drivers and put in generic microsoft ones.

Jun 8, 2019
Thanks for reply. I just moved the modem right next to my PC instead of in the living room. Ofcourse I then just put a cable for my connection. But hey I now have a 100 dollar sporty red paper weight. Guess they don't call it an adapter for nothing lol

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS