"Network cable is unplugged" - Plugged in, rebooted, reinstalled drivers, any solutions without resorting to extremes?

0xaedead

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
So a few months ago my network card or whatever in my MB actually died. My dad bought a new one and put it in so I didn't do any of it. Now since I moved my computer from traveling, I'm getting this same sort of issue. However now I'm getting "Network cable is unplugged" instead of not being able to get the ethernet driver installed because of "missing controller" or whatevr the message said back then on the realtec installer. I can actually repair, uninstall, and reinstall my realtec driver, so I'm assuming it's not faulty or dead network adaptor that's only maybe a couple months old.

Just to clarify, I've rebooted, properly uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, I've tried two different ethernet cables, and I've tried multiple ports on my router. When I plug my ethernet cable into my router there is a light beside the port that will then light up once I plug the other side into my Computer's ethernet port. I assume this means my hardware is actually connected inside with the port.

So I have absolutely no idea what to do, there are only two things I know to do. Completely reinstall windows and hope it's a software problem, or buy a new network card or whatever it is. I'd imagine using the command to check for corruptions wouldn't help because I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers as well as rebooted multiple times.

Solution
If it is an add-on card, then moving may have jarred it around. Try reseating it in the slot. Just don't do it with power connected...and hold the power button down for discharge for a few seconds after the power cable is removed from the wall.
If it is an add-on card, then moving may have jarred it around. Try reseating it in the slot. Just don't do it with power connected...and hold the power button down for discharge for a few seconds after the power cable is removed from the wall.

Solution