"Network Cable Unplugged" no matter what I plug into my Silicom PEG4BPI NIC

DankMelon

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
I have a Silicom Brand PEG4BPI network card and am having some issues getting it to work. I have tried connecting the ports to my switch using cables I know to be functional, and yet nothing I have tried to connect them to the network has worked. In the network manager, all four ports are shown as "Network cable unplugged" but they are not. the green LEDs connected to the NIC on the switch side are lit up, but i cannot communicate with the network at all. Please help.

Solution

That maybe an issue u have to clear up with the NIC's vendor.

When God Microsoft switched to W10 they made enough changes that hardware vendors had to rewrite their drivers, and if you NIC vendor didn't do so, well u may have to go with a different vendor.

Driver in question cannot be a generic Windows driver, must be, labeled as for W10.
Well - that card is not so common I assume.

Does the NIC have worked before, and under wich OS? What OS are you running now?
Do you have recent software for controlling your card?

Do you using a crossed cable? Many other NIC's may work on both cable types, and maybe your spechial NIC may not.

DankMelon

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

I have never gotten this card to work. I am currently using Windows 10 Pro, and have attempted to use Ubuntu, neither of which have any software for this card, or worked. I have also tried to use both crossed and straight cables, with no luck.

DankMelon

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

I have tried many drivers. Windows will not let me use the one for the card itself from Silicom, it just tells me that 'the best drivers are already installed' or something like that. I have also tried the Intel drivers for those specific ports, but that didn't work.

That maybe an issue u have to clear up with the NIC's vendor.

When God Microsoft switched to W10 they made enough changes that hardware vendors had to rewrite their drivers, and if you NIC vendor didn't do so, well u may have to go with a different vendor.

Driver in question cannot be a generic Windows driver, must be, labeled as for W10.

Solution