Question Network card disabled after upgrade on Toshiba Qosmio X300 ?

Apr 2, 2022
Hi,

I received Intel ac 7260 wifi card, after replacing the old Broadcom card it would not turn WiFi on, even after trying multiple drivers, but Bluetooth worked fine.

My laptop has a dedicated physical switch for the network card but it doesn't seem to work with the new card. Even after flipping it to "On" the switch led stayed off. I did also try to cover pin 20 with no result. Fn+F8 is not doing anything.

The new card is detected on Windows 10 but I can't turn the WiFi on. There are no BIOS updates available as far as I know.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing a link from where you purchased the WiFi card from? As for your WiFi drivers, where did you source said drivers from? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? Might want to also share the model for your Broadcom adapter to make sure you're not working with an incompatible card. For HP's and Dell's they used to have a whitelist of parts, meaning if that device was not on the certified parts list in BIOS, the laptop would either not boot or would not recognize the device.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran