Question Network cards help

C855D

Honorable
Aug 1, 2014
I’m having wireless network card issues with a newly built computer out of spare hand me down parts for my parents. The issue is, every time I put a network card in the PC, it works for about a month, then won’t connect to the network. The motherboard has been swapped various times and the main OS drive was a clone, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. It seems like a USB driver issue. I ended up getting a USB network card and every time it stops working, I do some troubleshooting and connect it to a different port and it starts working again. No idea what’s going on here

Last edited:

C855D

Honorable
Aug 1, 2014
No, except that any problems from the old os install comes with the clone. Starting from scratch and then keeping an image of that to clone later would be useful.
Well the only reason it was a clone was because I had two drives of the exact same size installed when the PC was brand new after I completed the build. I didn’t know which drive was which so I picked one and installed the OS, then found out it was the backup drive that I installed it on instead of the main drive I wanted it on. So I just cloned the backup drive and then formatted it. So in theory, I cloned an already clean OS. But I can still try the clean install on the right drive.