Question Network Connection Problem on New Build

Mar 1, 2019
Hell. I just built my first pc and everything went relatively smoothely so far. However, i am now having a very interesting problem connecting to the internet. I am able to connect to youtube to watch videos or go to google to search but after i search i cant connect to a website. I also have no connection in steam, origin, blizzard, or epic etc... I have already installed the motherboard chipset, lan, and audio drivers using a usb but the problem persists. I dont know what to do. I have also checked the device manager and there are no notifications for not having drivers. Any help is appreciated.
Specs
Ryzen 2700
B450 Tomahawk
Gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming oc
Supernova 650w 80+ gold
Crucial mx500 ssd
Nzxt h500 case
2x8 gb of corsair vengeance ddr4@3200

Mar 1, 2019
Im using an ethernet connection through a wall outlet though so it isnt direct. As for dns, i didnt know what it was but i had a friend help me but it didnt change. I changed it back to auto. The ethernet wall connector worked before so i’m not sure if that is the issue. I will however be testing with a direct ethernet connection soon to see if it changes anything

Im using an ethernet connection through a wall outlet
Oh brother. This says you are relying on another person to provide you Internet through that outlet and you have no access to any of the equipment behind it?

Your Ethernet NIC should have its TCP/IP settings to AUTO/DYNAMIC, this is the standard way to do things, if this doesn't work, u will have to consult with the person who have access to the stuff behind the wall.

So this worked, how long ago, and you had plugged in exactly what?

Mar 1, 2019
No no. I am using 2 cables to connect. I have a cable connect to my computer that goes into the wall and another cable dpwnstairs connected to my router. It worked 1 month ago before i sold my old pre-built. What is ethernet NIC?