Stu

Hi,

All reference to 'Network Connections' have gone missing from my WinXP SP2
menu and the control panel - so I can no longer set up or manage my network.
My network is available and works fine - but I can't set up a new VPN
connection or change my IP etc.

I have tried working through this list but nothing worked.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329050.

I uninstalled all the network drivers and then re-installed them - no joy.

I can create a vpn connection via IE > tools > Internet Options >
Connections. But I cannot access that connection form anywhere else on my
machine.

Anyone any ideas? It seems a shame to have to flatten a machine that works
fine just because of a missing icon!

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Stu,

You may use these workarounds:

Type in Start, Run:

rundll32 netshell.dll,StartNCW

or

Type ncpa.cpl in Start, Run. Click the "Create a new connection" link.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User