[SOLVED] Network daisy chain nightmare

HeavyLink

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
So I had setup a daisy chain router fine for about 3 months and I now autoconfiguration ipv4 now over rides the static IP address. From Googling I needed to disable DHCP but In doing show I now have no network icon in the bottom right task bar and then you go through to network status there is just a line.

These are the commands I types in to CMD
netsh interface ipv4 set interface dadtransmits=0 store=persistent

net stop dhcp to disable the DHCP Client service. Then type

sc config “dhcp” start=disabled

Solution
I think it solved, no the cable is not plug into the wan port, as i said it has been working fine with the other router for about 3 months, I did a Windows network reset and re configured the IP settings and it seems to be fine for now.

HeavyLink

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
I went into services and set DHCP to automatic which gave me my network icon back but how to I disable autoconfiguration ipv4 as this is overriding my static IP address for the daisy chain and giving me unidentified network and not letting me access some sites due to DNS and lagging in games even though ping is low

Don't plug into the WAN port of your secondary router. You need to connect the ethernet cord from the 4 port switch of your main router to the 4 port switch of the secodary router, not the WAN port.

Also, set a static IP address for your secondary router that's not the same as the main router. For instance, if your main router is 192.168.1.1 then set your secondary router as 192.168.1.2. Then disable the DHCP of the secondary router.

HeavyLink

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
I think it solved, no the cable is not plug into the wan port, as i said it has been working fine with the other router for about 3 months, I did a Windows network reset and re configured the IP settings and it seems to be fine for now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS