Network did not assign network address

I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
wireless network. I get an error message

"Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet
or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did
not addign a network address to the computer"

The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a desktop, in
another room.

I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows reports
that it was not successful.

I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
(MR814v2)

Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

I have the same problem when I try to use WEP. See my previous
request for help.

--
Jim

"Bill Babakian" <Bill-babakian@att.net> wrote in message
>I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
> wireless network. I get an error message
>
> "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the
> internet
> or some network resources. This problem occurred because the
> network did
> not addign a network address to the computer"
>
> The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a
> desktop, in
> another room.
>
> I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
> reports
> that it was not successful.
>
> I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear
> router
> (MR814v2)
>
> Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

"Bill Babakian" <Bill-babakian@att.net> wrote in message
>I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
> wireless network. I get an error message
>
> "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet
> or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did
> not addign a network address to the computer"
>
> The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a desktop, in
> another room.
>
> I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
> reports
> that it was not successful.
>
> I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
> (MR814v2)
>
> Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

Welcome to the wonderful world of SP2 and wireless ;)

Do you have encryption enabled on your wireless network ?

"Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "Bill Babakian" <Bill-babakian@att.net> wrote in message
>>I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
>> wireless network. I get an error message
>>
>> "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the
>> internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because
>> the network did not addign a network address to the computer"
>>
>> The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a
>> desktop, in another room.
>>
>> I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
>> reports
>> that it was not successful.
>>
>> I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
>> (MR814v2)
>>
>> Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of SP2 and wireless ;)
>
> Do you have encryption enabled on your wireless network ?

No encryption is enabled. The signal doesn't reach too far and I didn't
think it was necessary. Also I wasn't sure how to turn it on !!!

TRENDING THREADS