Network disconecting for over half year

Gazi

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
Hey!

So I have one internet provider for over 10 years. Never was a problem, but since this year internet loosing sync atleast once per day. At the beggining it was at nights and now at random times in a day.. Techs sugested change router or change cable to cat5e, but i don't hav any. What may be the cause? This is my internet stats showed by router linksys wag200g. I run adsl2+ 10mb/s with chengable IP.

DSL Status: Connected
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Path Mode: Interleaved
Downstream Rate: 12443 kbps
Upstream Rate: 1069 kbps
Downstream Margin: 14 db
Upstream Margin: 7 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 29 db
Upstream Line Attenuation: 6 db
Downstream Transmit Power: 12 db
Upstream Transmit Power: 13 db

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
This is an ISP problem, most likely. There's a "cell" or router-card that's flakey ON THEIR END. Not yours. They just don't want to fix it, or spend time trying to fix it. They're waiting for X number of customer-complaints to accumulate and THEN they'll deal with it.

The Cat5 cable is probably a wise investment (a few dollars) just to shut them up about that, but a cable won't be nearly as "flakey" as an ISP's router-card boxes.

Gazi

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
I suggested that there can be an hardware issue on their side and asked them to investigate, but then they hooked up their router near outlet and get through error test. It showed only 1 error while on my cable 34 and rising with time. They couldn't do this test on my router(don't know what kind of test it was, but it seems like it was only possible on their company's router(its huge, countrywide internet provider heare in Poland - "Orange"), but my router showed better DSL stats than their. I don't know;/.

adubs1989

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
Even if it is an ISP problem, they probably wont do much unless you make sure your network is 100% perfect, meaning it has to be their fault. So you should probably change the cables to cat5e as they say, and try a different router, even if just temporary, just to make sure none of your hardware is at fault.