Network getting worse for no reason

Timjan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hello, so I just got a new network that's 100/100 instead of 10/10 mbit/s. In the beginning it was really good but no its so bad. My download speed was at like 10 mb/s but no it has dropped to 1 mb/s? Some1 pls help me

Solution
you keep asking things but don't answer what we ask

only you know how is your wifi nd network usage, internet service or if your neighbors already have the wifi password and they now have free wifi to download all they want and use all the netflix they wish to use

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the download speed has nothing to do with the lan speed

the isp and the price you pay determine if you get 10 megabits or 100 megabits or just 1 megabit

how much is your supposed maximum internet connection speed based on what the contract you got offered?

Timjan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Well still when i got 100mb download speed and 100 upload speed it should be that much but I only get like 30mb download and 5mb upload which is pretty wierd

Timjan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Well still when i got 100mb download speed and 100 upload speed it should be that much but I only get like 30mb download and 5mb upload which is pretty wierd

USAFRet

Titan

1. What are you supposed to be getting from your ISP?
2. How and where are you testing this performance?

Timjan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Between 50-100mbit/s is my dowload and upload speed that im supposed to be getting.
Im testing the performance on a swedish site called bredbandskollen.se

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
between 50 to 100 means to me that you don't know what you should be getting

be sure to know the exact limit

also remember that the download speed also is determined by the person or server haring the file you download

if they limit speed to 1 megabit, you get 1 megabit, no matter how ast the network you have is

the switch you got, what brand and model is?

the cable going from the modem to the switch, is it cat 6 or says ct 5? on the cable itself should say

as said before, many variables affect the download speed, not just your pc and you switch or router

Timjan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

I use WiFi but if the internet was REALLY good just a few days ago it shouldn't drop this much even tho I use WiFi because I used WiFi before also!

USAFRet

Titan

With WiFi, performance differences could be anything.

Timjan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Yeah but why would I have 60/60 and then it drops for no reason to 10/10 on just a couple of days

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
you keep asking things but don't answer what we ask

only you know how is your wifi nd network usage, internet service or if your neighbors already have the wifi password and they now have free wifi to download all they want and use all the netflix they wish to use

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

As said...anything.
Interference from neighbors. Someone else in the house running the microwave. Router antenna at a different angle. PC antenna at a different angle...

Anything.