[SOLVED] Network Help Cat5e 100mb cap

Mar 25, 2020
Hi,

I need help with this issue. I have cat5e jack connection all around my apartment that i use with Cat6 cables and was getting my full ISP speed that was 300mb until 2 days ago i started getting 100mb on my desktop but my laptop that is directly connected to the ISP router is giving me full speed. I check the jack port and the data module and all connections look good. I have no clue on what to do now.

OsGiSW5.jpg

The problem is a wire only has to work itself just a tiny bit loose and it will look fine but not work.

If you have a punch down tool just repunch all the positions on both ends. It likely is the blue or brown pair since problems with the other pairs will cause you to get no connection. If that still does not work pull the wires out cut off about 1/8-1/4 inch and repunch them. The reason to cut them is many times you will break the wire internally at the crimp point when you pull them out of the jack.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
I would start by disconnected all the wires you plugin first and trying a different wire. If it was always like that, I would question the punch downs. But if it was a sudden issue, I would eliminate other issues first.