Question network issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2023
Hello, I am currently having a problem with my internet/network. I would look something up on any browser and i would get an error saying "hmm. we're having trouble finding this site". but it i refresh the page a couple times it will load. It's like the computer is part on the internet and other part not. i would go to install say java which needs a internet connection. it would pop up with an error saying it cannot connect. I would then try it a couple more times and then it would eventually work. I was hosting a Minecraft server and i had to try to connect. same with any other game server i host. It does it on two machines. and i have no clue why it does this. on one machine i tried reinstalling windows. did not work. i also went down on a firmware on my router it did not work. i ran out of ideas to troubleshoot. need help

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I am currently having a problem with my internet/network. I would look something up on any browser and i would get an error saying "hmm. we're having trouble finding this site". but it i refresh the page a couple times it will load. It's like the computer is part on the internet and other part not. i would go to install say java which needs a internet connection. it would pop up with an error saying it cannot connect. I would then try it a couple more times and then it would eventually work. I was hosting a Minecraft server and i had to try to connect. same with any other game server i host. It does it on two machines. and i have no clue why it does this. on one machine i tried reinstalling windows. did not work. i also went down on a firmware on my router it did not work. i ran out of ideas to troubleshoot. need help
"Trouble finding that site" is often a symptom of a DNS problem. What IP addresses are you using for DNS ?

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
the best combination is a mix of cloudflare and google DNS. sometimes your ISP's own DNS face issues and that 's the time to switch to a public DNS.
when you face issues with non-ISP DNS , then switch back to automatic DNS obtain.
i have even bypassed internet censorship this way .

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.