Network list is unresponsive after waking up (Win 8)

DimaMotel

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Hello all, I have a Samsung series 3 with Win 8, worked great until yesterday. I tried to connect to a new wireless network outside my home, it didn't connect, it happens and it's fine.

Problem is, afterwords, I tried connecting again, tried opening the wireless networks list but - Clicking the task-bar icon will show the clicking animation but nothing happens. My Network List will not show up. Tried running the troubleshooter and it could not identify the problem. I tried toggling my airplane mode key on the keyboard, and it's set on "off". There seems to be no other way to connect.

Any thoughts?

You're help is much appreciated.
Dima.

DimaMotel

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
I've found this answer online (techguy.org). I've tried it and it worked. So if anyone encounters something like it, here you go:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista and 7 and maybe 8.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. [For Windows 8: <Windows Logo> + x - Command Prompt(Admin)]

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Ockhams Stubble

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I had a similar problem: my Lenovo Thinkpad L420 wasn't automatically connecting to wireless after waking; it would resist even manual commands to connect as well. After about 30 seconds to a minute after waking, it would connect normally.

I did the reset commands listed above and they worked; wireless connects after waking in a couple seconds.

No other effects observed.

TRENDING THREADS