Question network not detected

Dec 8, 2022
Hi, this is new to me, I have hardwire connected (ethernet) to apple box , there is intermittent "not network detected" sign , I noticed that when the sign appear , the apple box network setting change to WI-FI for a few second and then back to Ethernet and that is when the screen stop or error show up, I reboot and reset the Router, I reviewed the entire Apple box setting, everything look in the normal setting, the "not network detected sign" started about 2 months ago, could be the modem-router problem or something else?, any advice will be appreciated, thanks

I have little to no current experience with apple. My guess would be you have a bad cable. Could be something like temperature change in the cable is making something break a contact in say one of the ends.

What happens if you just change the port on the router rather than reboot it. In theory the lan ports on the router could cause this but it is much more likely just a defective cable.

That good that it works. In the furture avoid buy anything other than cat5e or cat6a. Maybe normal cat6 if it is cheaper than cat5e.

A massive amount of cables are fakes. The cat8 one in particular are fakes and are only used in high end data centers where they need 40mbps. They are extremely expensive.
In best case you just paid too much for the cable.

The problem with fake cables is they mostly work but you will get random failures at times and some machine work and other do not. Key is that the cable is pure copper and have wire size 22-24. All that flat or thin cable does not meet the standards to be actual ethernet cables. The "CAT" names do not actually mean anything officially so the vendors can call any cable anything they want.

Dec 8, 2022
true, my past ethernet cable was CAT7, I never had this kind of problem, I was afraid the modem router or the appleTV were malfunctioning, but so far so good , hopefully, thanks for your informative response.