network printer in domain

Bob

Hi, my printer has ethernet socket, does it mean I can connect directly to
network
or it has to be some kind of network server attached to it?
thanks

Yes most likely. You'll need to configure the
network card. What's the make and model?

"Bob" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my printer has ethernet socket, does it mean I can connect
directly to
> network
> or it has to be some kind of network server attached to it?
> thanks

Bob

It's Dell Laser 1700n. What network card? that one inside the printer?

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:eF2fjmuTEHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Yes most likely. You'll need to configure the
> network card. What's the make and model?
>
> "Bob" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, my printer has ethernet socket, does it mean I can connect
> directly to
> > network
> > or it has to be some kind of network server attached to it?
> > thanks

Yes of course the Dell Laser 1700n (networked) printer
has a built in ethernet adapter. Use the manual to configure
the card e.g., give it an available tcp/ip address on your network.