Question Network printer won't add.

Colapsar

Commendable
May 9, 2019
I have an end user who is wanting to use one of our network printers: A Canon LBP6230/6240. This printer is working fine on other end user workstations, but refuses to be used on this one PC. I was originally able to see the Printer and Scanners as well as when trying to Add a Printer via the network, but when attempting to print something it doesn't appear to be an available printer to print too.

I thought maybe a driver issue so I attempted to remove the driver I had installed on the computer for that printer and reinstall the driver through the add a printer process, but when getting at the point to select a driver for that type of printer it doesn't appear on the list of available drivers for Canon. The list would always stop at LBP5900. I went to the website and manually installed the driver for the printer, but when I attempt to troubleshoot the printer it says that it cannot located a suitable driver for the printer. Now that I've done these steps the Printer only appears when I attempt to add it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Colapsar

Commendable
May 9, 2019
I've installed the driver from the website. As I said: "I went to the website and manually installed the driver for the printer".

The printer appears in printer and devices but says it needs troubleshooting. When attempting to troubleshoot it comes back with it cannot find any issues. When I go to print something and select which printer to print from then go to "add printer" and the an error comes up that says "The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable." I wen't into regedit and allowed full control under restricted for: Devices, PrinterPorts, and Windows. I also went into Change Adapter options->Properties->Install->Protocol and nothing appears here. Restarted and error message still appears.

Colapsar

Commendable
May 9, 2019
Do not add a network printer by browsing for it. Instead, add a local printer with a "standard TCP/IP port."

This: "I thought maybe a driver issue so I attempted to remove the driver I had installed on the computer for that printer and reinstall the driver through the add a printer process, but when getting at the point to select a driver for that type of printer it doesn't appear on the list of available drivers for Canon. The list would always stop at LBP5900. "

Is still applicable when adding a printer through TCP/IP port. And even so if I just choose one and it asks if I want to use the previously installed drivers instead. It still doesn't print.

Last edited: