Question Network problem (only certain activities)

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,
I have a problem with my network connection. Whenever i try to log in to League of legends the authentication is really long or doesn't work at all, although sometimes it is working properly. In game everything is fine though. Similar problem in Elder Scrolls Online where i get sometimes huge ping spikes or packet loss in game. I first thought that may be because of wireless connection but I tried to connect through Ethernet cable, same thing. It is not computer's fault because everything is working properly on another network. I pinged the router, traced the route to servers and everything seems fine, no packet loss or long times. Tried to flush DNS, reset the router, no effect.

Seems like there is a problem for some kind of connections? I'm out of ideas. I Wonder if this can be ISP fault. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
What make and model router do you have on the problem network?

The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need assistance from that person.

Sep 7, 2019
I am the admin of the network. The router is netgear R6400. Logs don't show anything suspicious. I usually am able to at least Pinpoint what is causing the problem but not this time. I'm really confused.

Sep 5, 2019
I had the similar situation in the past. And only complete resetup helped to solve that. As result my conclusion - it was virus.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS