Network problem vista x64

dualbooter

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I'm doing some work on a vista x64 and have a problem getting on the internet. The problem says can't connect to DNS. I can however get online in safe mode. I've tried flushing the dns, renewing ip (however I get the same one, also I've hardcoded one in), system restore, scanned for viruses and malware, tried another port on the router (I can ping myself but not out), and deleted the recent updates.

dualbooter

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I tried resetting the tcp\ip with: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt when I rebooted I was able to change to about 5 pages and then it went out again.

lyleb

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Try uninstalling the network adapter.

Right click MyComputer
Manage
Device Manager
Expand Network Adapters
Right click on your adapter and uninstall

Then right click on your computer at the top of the list
Scan for hardware changes
Let computer reinstall it fresh.

dualbooter

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009

no luck still. going to check the cables just so that can be ruled out. when the computer boots up you can get on for the first 10-15 sec then after that that's when it stops working.

dualbooter

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009

Not sure what driver it could be, everything worked fine the day before there were 3 updates that happened overnight so I removed them. The localhost is fine. I've run a hjt and cleared up 3 items. Running a trend micro scan right now.

stefmc

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I've seen someone with a problem similar to yours on a forum elsewhere, can't remember which one now. But it could be a firewall issue as well. Other properties lie within the TCP/IP settings as well. Has the x64 vista been installed recently?

stefmc

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
And here was me thinking vista were at it again. Glad you fixed it! Always the silly things isn't it.

TRENDING THREADS