Question Network randomly stop copying

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Hey.I built 3 ryzen based pc's the last year.Now for some reason 2 off them stop copying over a network at random.The 2 in question are my Msi B450 gaming plus and my friends Msi X470 Gaming Pro.My brothers a320 doesn't seem to have this problem as i have been testing his pc for the whole day already.

Are this an MSI fault?I Driver issue?I have downloaded and installed drivers directly from amd and msi's website and it doesn't work

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

"Copying"? Do you mean "connecting"? [Language translation error?]

Any error codes, pop-up windows, when connectivity is lost?

Make and model router? Wired or wireless connections?

Who has full admin rights to the router? You may need help from that person.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
It's just for instance files copying.It will copy then it will stuck randomly.I have to stop the copy and recopy from the start.It's not a connection error tried different network porters/cables reset router.Different network drivers.Bios are on the latest version for my board.

1 pc i would understand but 2 pc's with exactly the same error?How i know it's not network related are we tried the same at my friends house which have a whole different network setup and it still does the same.So it must be a hardware error.

Ralston18

Titan
What kind of files/files types are you trying to copy? How big?

How are you copying the files: drag and drop, some third party application, command prompt?

No error messages or pop-up windows?

Look in Reliability History. There may be some recorded error codes or warnings captured when the copying stops.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
It's just movies or music being copied i do video editing a little.I use my server as a storage server.There's no errors what so ever.Reliability History doesn't give an error on my network.What's funny is that i have 5 pc's + 1 server.

All with gigabit network cards.Even then my network drops to 10-15mbps.It will go up to 100mb and drop down to 15mb.It's not my windows i think.I did reinstall it a little while back.It was the same on old windows.It is either my driver or my hardware.I did try different network drivers and it does the same.I would understand if it's my pc but for my friend to have the exact same problem make me think it's the gaming series motherboard list.

TRENDING THREADS