Question Network RTT spikes at fixed intervals (Valorant) / Frequent server disconnection

May 21, 2023
Hello, I've been wondering if anyone knew why this happens to me. As per the title, my problem is that, at fixed intervals of about 1-2 mintues, the network rtt will have a spike that freezes/teleports me (it lasts about 5 seconds). When this happens the packet loss goes from 0% to 5-7% (not sure if this means something but I'll write it anyways) and my ping is usually stable (around 25-35). Also I experienced server disconnection a lot of times. I attach an image of the network rtt graph when the usual spike occurs and an image of a speed test. If you could help me out with that I will be very grateful. Thanks

jitter.png
speed-test.png

Last edited:
I would first try with a ethernet cable. This is a extremely common issue with wifi but it can be caused by other things. With a ethernet test you would know for sure if it is just a wifi issue or something else.

You can always get random latency spikes using wifi because of interference from usage of wifi by your neighbors or even other devices in your house that use the same radio frequencies as wifi.

When it is a fixed time interval it tends to be something else. One of the common ones was the wifi autoconfig options. Microsoft has pretty much made this impossible to totally disable anymore with there latest patches. It also does not seem to cause as much issue as it previously did but some people still report it causes issues.

I forget the exact formation of the command but if you search for wifi autoconfig disable you will find it. Problem is microsoft will re enable it. I am not sure if it is time based or what but the simple commands nolonger really work. There might be a registry hack that kills it. The other problem is with it disabled it makes it hard to connect to new networks.

Now it might not be this. Your best option is to try to use ethernet or maybe moca if you have coax or powerline networks since wifi has issues like this just because its wifi.

May 21, 2023
I would first try with a ethernet cable. This is a extremely common issue with wifi but it can be caused by other things. With a ethernet test you would know for sure if it is just a wifi issue or something else.

You can always get random latency spikes using wifi because of interference from usage of wifi by your neighbors or even other devices in your house that use the same radio frequencies as wifi.

When it is a fixed time interval it tends to be something else. One of the common ones was the wifi autoconfig options. Microsoft has pretty much made this impossible to totally disable anymore with there latest patches. It also does not seem to cause as much issue as it previously did but some people still report it causes issues.

I forget the exact formation of the command but if you search for wifi autoconfig disable you will find it. Problem is microsoft will re enable it. I am not sure if it is time based or what but the simple commands nolonger really work. There might be a registry hack that kills it. The other problem is with it disabled it makes it hard to connect to new networks.

Now it might not be this. Your best option is to try to use ethernet or maybe moca if you have coax or powerline networks since wifi has issues like this just because its wifi.
Ok I see, thank you