Network security appliances

mark2010hall

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
Hello,
I am looking for network security appliances for my office networks. I am having 70 computers connected in the network. I came across few company Sonicwall, WatchGuard, Cyberoam. Any suggestions guys?

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Allow me to say, however, that a Cisco ASA is NOT something that you just plug into your network and forget about. It needs to be configured properly which should only be done by a CCNA/CCNP certified professional. A network of 70 computers would justify this cost. Whatever you do, don't be cheap. The worst thing you can do is buy a cheap firewall and wind up having your entire network penetrated. The other hardware firewalls are cheaper and easier to setup, but I guarantee you they're not nearly as good.

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I am a firewall guy by profession for 12 years and have managed various networks from small to enterprise. With a 70 people, I can recommend two fws , choose the one which fits you.

1. Cisco PIX or ASA - This fw requires an experienced guy to manage as someone said, CCNP or CCSP. However this is the fw with minimum issues.

2. Checkpoint - So simple, that even you can manage it ( I assume you are a business person) after reading its manual carefully.

I personally prefer Checkpoint over CISCO for firewalls as the basic fundamental rule for security for me is..

"Security is Simplicity"

TRENDING THREADS