CitizenH

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hi,

I need help with a network/firewall/server problem.

Here is a summary of the problem I am currently having. I have a Netgear FVS336G firewall connected to 2 Netgear switches. On one of my workstations I am unable to send/receive in Outlook and also unable to connect via Logmein(says computer is offline, but I'm connected to the internet). If I bypass the firewall and connect directly(via Ethernet port) to a wireless router, Outlook sends and receives, Logmein connects, but I am not connected to the internal network(which causes all kinds of issues with the software the company uses).
All the other computers in the office are configured in the same way, but they seem to work and connect to both the internal network, the internet and Outlook sends/receives with no issues. This is a new computer, but the computer that is being replaced had the exact same issues. I have installed an additional Ethernet card(one bypassing the firewall), and by disabling one or the other I can switch between internal network connectivity and Outlook/Logmein connectivity. This is obviously not a long term solution though, so what is the issue??? I am at wits end here and have tried everything I know to solve this, but to no avail!! Please help!!!

CitizenH

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

They are unmanaged switches and, yes I have tried several different ports, including ones that work with other systems. I've also tried logging into the new system with different user ID"s