Question Network speed considerably decreased.

Apr 28, 2022
Before this my internet speed was around 600mbps download and around 700mbps upload on the 2nd of April, then sometime later, out of curiosity I tried running my old router through my current router to my pc and I noticed the download speed was really low,
so then I switched it back from my current router just to my PC, and now I only get about 100mbps on download and upload, could someone help me out?

Apr 28, 2022
Then 100mBps up & down are correct. Bytes not bits, remember ?
Much easier to test, plug straight into PC, run speedtest.net .
If your PC has higher numbers then it's your routers' config.
But the download speeds for example on steam also have significantly dropped also from around 30 Mb/s to 12 Mb/s can i somehow fix that problem?

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
What does your speedtest say without routers ? You can take that speed shot to ISP and demand they fix your connection.
Also assuming your routers are behind the ISP modem. The modem may have been reset by routers.
All in one Router-Modem ? Have the ISP send a techie to fix it or replace it.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Also include make and model information for the modem, router(s), and other network devices.

Which device is responsible for providing DHCP IP addresses? Only one router should be doing that.

A typical home network is usually much like the following line diagram where ----> represents an Ethernet cable and ~~~> represents a wireless connection.

ISP === (Coax, DSL, Fiber) ===> Modem ----->[WAN port] Router [ LAN ports] ----> wired devices and ~~~> wireless devices.

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary to match your network.

As mentioned you may have a modem/router combination. That is quite common but if you have your own router then the modem/router's DHCP functions need to be disabled. Which may in turn require you to have the necessary admin rights. Actually that applies to all routers....

And if there are multiple routers, Access points, switches, etc. then include them (e.g. old router, new router) in the line diagram as well.

How many network devices? Are you using any static IP addresses within the network? There could also be IP addresses conflicts being created.

Hopefully the issue is just a configuration problem on your end. Something that with a bit of trouble shooting you can solve yourself.

Lastly.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt on your main computer.

Also run "tracert 8.8.8.8" and post those results as well.

You should be able to copy and paste the results into this thread.

The results of both commands will help with troubleshooting.

USAFRet

Titan
Before this my internet speed was around 600mbps download and around 700mbps upload on the 2nd of April, then sometime later, out of curiosity I tried running my old router through my current router to my pc and I noticed the download speed was really low,
so then I switched it back from my current router just to my PC, and now I only get about 100mbps on download and upload, could someone help me out?
What tool is telling you this "100mbps"?