Question Network speed/download speed Slow

JimmyYeetsWorld

Prominent
Nov 19, 2021
Part of this is for my understanding, another is to help diagnosis and apply fixes for my knowledge. Any help is gladly accepted.

With that said, I was downloading Halo Infinite today and noticed in my PC is was way slower than on Xbox. This seems to happen a lot on PC and I want to finally get the issue looked at.

For example: HALO INFINITE is 26.4 GB the Xbox games app. The speed was only maxing at 50-60 Mbps. Versus on Xbox One S at nearly 160-200 Mbps.

Additionally, when running speed test.net & Fast.com I only get around 100 Mbps. Even my Work computer (Dell optiplex 3010) has more speed nearing 300-400 Mbps where my ISP provides about 500 Mb/s max.

So I don't get it. Here are the tech details below:

Win 10 64b

AMD RYZEN 1300
16 GB duel channel 1066 MHz
mSI tomahawk b350
GTX 1050 Ti (4095 MB)
I also have three drives.
C: SSD for Windows
D: 2TB HDD
E: 1 TB HDD
Z: M.2 TB where I'm downloading game currently.

Additionally. I have replaced the on board LAN with a pci LAN port, no changes when I did that. Windows is updated to current version. Along with my motherboard and GPU updated.

Edit: I did replace the Cat twice. Once with Cat6, then with a Cat7 when I replaced the onboard LAN adapter with a PCie card adapter.

I might have missed something but that's what I thought of this far.

Edit: fixed formating and added details.

Ty again for any help!

Last edited:
Part of this is for my understanding, another is to help diagnosis and apply fixes for my knowledge. Any help is gladly accepted.

With that said, I was downloading Halo Infinite today and noticed in my PC is was way slower than on Xbox. This seems to happen a lot on PC and I want to finally get the issue looked at.

For example: HALO INFINITE is 26.4 GB the Xbox games app. The speed was only maxing at 50-60 Mbps. Versus on Xbox One S at nearly 160-200 Mbps.

Additionally, when running speed test.net & Fast.com I only get around 100 Mbps. Even my Work computer (Dell optiplex 3010) has more speed nearing 300-400 Mbps where my ISP provides about 500 Mb/s max.

So I don't get it. Here are the tech details below:

Win 10 64b

AMD RYZEN 1300
16 GB duel channel 1066 MHz
mSI tomahawk b350
GTX 1050 Ti (4095 MB)
I also have three drives.
C: SSD for Windows
D: 2TB HDD
E: 1 TB HDD
Z: M.2 TB where I'm downloading game currently.

Additionally. I have replaced the on board LAN with a pci LAN port, no changes when I did that. Windows is updated to current version. Along with my motherboard and GPU updated.

I might have missed something but that's what I thought of this far.

Edit: fixed formating and added details.

Ty again for any help!
I am expecting it to be limitation of the cable. I think you are using CAT5 cable which is limited to 100Mbps.