[SOLVED] Network speeds limited to 1MB/s while Playing games

Sep 15, 2022
Hello I have the weird Problem that my network wont go over 1MB/s when I am playing games.
I get about 12MB/s download while doing nothing, but as soon as I start a game, the whole internet speed goes down to 1MB/s (so game + download a total of 1MB/s).
I have searched for the problem but couldnt find anything.

The Throttle downloads while streaming setting on steam is off.

And I have encountered the problem while Playing Genshin and also Cyberpunk 2077 so its neither just steam nor just online games.
It happened first with Genshin while I was downloading Cyberpunk and now with Cyberpunk while I was trying to stream to someone over discord.

Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Hello I have the weird Problem that my network wont go over 1MB/s when I am playing games.
I get about 12MB/s download while doing nothing, but as soon as I start a game, the whole internet speed goes down to 1MB/s (so game + download a total of 1MB/s).

And I have encountered the problem while Playing Genshin and also Cyberpunk 2077 so its neither just steam nor just online games.
It happened first with Genshin while I was downloading Cyberpunk and now with Cyberpunk while I was trying to stream to someone over discord.

Do you have any software, that came with your...

kanewolf

Titan

Do you have any software, that came with your motherboard, like Asus "GameFirst" loaded ?
That software specifically lowers total performance to prioritize game traffic.

Solution