Network Storage Access Issue.

P0werGl0ve

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hello all and Happy Holidays! Recently I've had an issue opening up mapped network drives on my local computer. I've got a Seagate Nas(BlackArmor 440) setup wirelessly (and I've had it as a lan) and have been getting an error stating "not enough resources available to complete this request". It's also been "not enough memory available to complete this request". When i try to access the web console it comes up but just sits at the username/pass screen. and when i try to whack into it, i get the above error.

I've done a SFC and that's come up clean and I've also checked the integrity of my disks in the NAS itself and they're "Good". After rebooting the NAS itself I can get everything working again for roughly an hour or more. I've also checked my resource monitor and im running at about 4% cpu and 4 out of 16gigs of ram used while trying to access the drives. I can't find any kind of OS integrity check on my NAS though.

If anyone has any suggestions or needs any more info, please let me know. Thanks!!

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried Seagate's drive diagnostic tools?

Reference link:

https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Firmware update:

https://www.seagate.com/support/external-hard-drives/network-storage/blackarmor-nas-440/banas-440-firmware-master-dl/

Ensure that the data on the NAS is backed up elsewhere and verified readable.

P0werGl0ve

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016

I haven't tried the tool yet! Thank you for that. I'll have to find someone to let me borrow a big external to back my stuff up to because i have about 4tbs of stuff. Thank you and I'll get back to you

P0werGl0ve

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016

Unfortunately, Seatools only scans local drives and Network Assistant isn't seeing the NAS and there's Literally no option to find or try to point it to the NAS :??:

Ralston18

Titan
If possible then just "hold" for now.

Simply to avoid causing some additional issues that may cause failure and/or data loss.

There are some Seagate folks who monitor this Forum and one of them (or someone else for that matter) may respond. No problem with either case on my end.

Due to the holidays, etc., no way to know if and when that may happen. Wait - especially if not critical to resolve.

If using the NAS is critical - go back to wired connectivity. Continue to proceed carefully.

P0werGl0ve

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Now that the holidays are over, I've begun trying to back up 5 TB's worth of media. Extremely hard when after rougly 5 hours, the connection cuts out. I have a firmware update to do but that's my last hope of a fix. If I could get some eyes on the issue, maybe I could get some new suggestions. Thanks.