Question Network teaming

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I have windows 10 pro v 1809 I have an Gigabyte Z370 Aorus gaming 7 board I don't have the teaming with my list of tabs in with my intel network conbtroller software. I was wondering if you could give me instructions on how to get the tab back so I can enable it and use network teaming maybe I need it maybe I don't but could you at least tell me how to enable it again in windows 10 v 1809? I have the latest intel network controller drivers?

Thank you!

Maybe it is because you have a killer and a intel nic not 2 intel nics....at least if I am looking at the proper motherboard. The problem is there are a couple forms of nic "teaming". Some are microsoft proprietary. The standard form is 802.3ad and you need a router or switch that also supports it.

This is one of those setting if it is support it just appears.

My recommendation would be to disable the killer nic in the bios and pretend you only have a single nic intel machine. There are massive issues with the killer firmware.

Link aggregation is almost a complete waste of time in a home installation. The way it load balances session tends to not use both paths and it will not increase the speed of a single file transfer.

If for some reason you actually need more than 1gbit of traffic I would put a 10gbit add in card in your equipment. Of course you need a router and some other device that also have 10gbit so you can have some place to send you data to.

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Maybe it is because you have a killer and a intel nic not 2 intel nics....at least if I am looking at the proper motherboard. The problem is there are a couple forms of nic "teaming". Some are microsoft proprietary. The standard form is 802.3ad and you need a router or switch that also supports it.

This is one of those setting if it is support it just appears.

My recommendation would be to disable the killer nic in the bios and pretend you only have a single nic intel machine. There are massive issues with the killer firmware.

Link aggregation is almost a complete waste of time in a home installation. The way it load balances session tends to not use both paths and it will not increase the speed of a single file transfer.

If for some reason you actually need more than 1gbit of traffic I would put a 10gbit add in card in your equipment. Of course you need a router and some other device that also have 10gbit so you can have some place to send you data to.
Thank you!! Your ight I do have a killer network controller also in addition to the intel nic I have it disabled in windows but not in the bios so maybe I will do that if that will make a difference in any way.

TRENDING THREADS