Network Throttling though ip?

bones233

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
So I have Time Warner Cable (spectrum now) and recently it seems my internet is being throttled. I have the 300mbps usually I get about 350mbps reliably. I'm always hardwired in with a cat6 but recently it's been in the 250 range or less. They came out and all my signals are fine no packet loss and they test it with their stuff and they still get 355 too. I was reading and some ppl think they can throttle just your ip if you download a lot like games on steam and what not. Some say windows 8-10 itself can throttle too but I'm not sure. I checked my router everything is fine there it seems to be my pc. I have motherboard that can get up to 1000mpbs so that's fine too.

Windows 10
Amd 8350fx
Asus pro gaming/aura
24 gigs ram
gtx980

Unlimited bandwidth is irrelevent to what I am saying.
I am saying if your ISPs netowrk as a whole (like all the houses in your neighborhood/city) have a higher concentration of use (like from 5pm to 10 pm when eveyrone is home, playing games and streaming netflix) then your ISPs network could be more congested and not able to provide your individual connection with the full 300mbps bandwidth.

bones233

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
I get get that too but it's a constant -100 mpbs or more and that's literally 24/7 so it cant be peak also the tech that cama over said that the whole peak hour thing is a myth and I should be getting 350 no matter what unless my service is completely out