[SOLVED] Network usage of Download speed is Capped at 10%

Sep 7, 2020
Hi today i put together a new system for myself, however i ran into the same problem i've been having on the old system..
My network usage is capped at 10%, i have been doing all kinds of things the last few hours to resolve my issue..
heres a few things ive done:
Disabled QoS packet schedular
i've done this https://superuser.com/questions/133...d-capped-at-half-the-original-speed-on-new-pc
and also played around with Speed & Duplex in the properties of the network card.
ive had my computer taken to my friend who has a faster internet speed where the download speed yet doesnt bulge (it is capped at 11,82 MB/s)
when i play around with Speed & Duplex the download speed changes to about 6 MB/s yet the internet usage goes up to max 30%
im running Windows 10 pro, network card is Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection.
system: x570 aorus pro wifi with 3600x ryzen 5
any ideas is greately appreciated! And also if more information is needed i will gladly give it.

Solution
How much internet bandwidth do you pay for.

What tool are you using to test. You are putting number in Mbytes I think. You need to check with the speedtest site first. It will give you number in MBITS/sec

11.82 is 94mbit. That is a very common number when the port is only running at 100mbps. You first need to be sure your router has gigabit ports. You also need to leave your PC on auto, do not set the speed and duplex it will confuse the router. If it still does not connect to the router at 1gbit in the status screen for the port you likely have a bad cable.

What tool are you using to test. You are putting number in Mbytes I think. You need to check with the speedtest site first. It will give you number in MBITS/sec

11.82 is 94mbit. That is a very common number when the port is only running at 100mbps. You first need to be sure your router has gigabit ports. You also need to leave your PC on auto, do not set the speed and duplex it will confuse the router. If it still does not connect to the router at 1gbit in the status screen for the port you likely have a bad cable.

Solution
Sep 7, 2020

i pay for 100 up and 100 down and i get about 95 down and 98 up.. however it does not change when i get on 500 up and 500 down

TRENDING THREADS