I have 3 computers, all XP, all networked with USB adapters. How can I
share a calendar among them, so I can make a calendar change on any one of
the computers and it will show on the others? What program(s) do I need to
do this?

Thanks,

GS

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I have 3 computers, all XP, all networked with USB adapters.
> How can I
> share a calendar among them, so I can make a calendar change
> on any one of
> the computers and it will show on the others? What program(s)
> do I need to
> do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> GS

Fortunatly for you this is quite posible. You will need to setup a
MySQL server on one of the computers (setting up new user and database
of course) then use BORG (you will need the java connect extension for
the Java Run time enviroment) to connect to the database (be sure to
tell BORG to update every minuet or so so the database dosnt go out of
sync) and you should have a nice MySQL database calender.

MySQL: http://www.mysql.com/
BORG Calander: http://borg-calendar.sourceforge.net/

Although this is the cheapist (and arguably the best) way of acheiving
what you want, the initial setup may be confusing, esecily if you have
never used MySQL server befor.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-networking-calendar-ftopict424164.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1419789