[SOLVED] Networking problem: Nighthawk RX80

g-unit1111

Titan
So I am having problems trying to get my printer, which is an HP x576dw MFP to connect to my new router, which is a Netgear Nighthawk RX80. Now the printer itself is the older WAP protocol though my new router is WPS and Wifi-6 capable. I have had no problems connecting other older devices like phones, tablets, my other printer (Canon MX5560) and things of that nature. But what's really weird is that when I run a network scan on the printer, it will pick up routers from across the street, but it won't pick up the router from across the room. I had it working at one point and was able to the printer to run a few test prints but that's about it. Now my question is - would I have to run an update on my router to get it to recognize the printer, or would I have to update the printer firmware to get it recognize the newer technology like Wifi 6? I'm kind of at a loss with what to do with this thing right now because I have been searching up and down both Netgear's website and HP's website and have been unable to find an answer.

Solution
WAP or WEP does not have anything to do with the issue.
If the printer cannot see the router then you need to change the WiFi mode on the Router's 2.4GHz band
That printer supports only 2.4GHz (802.11 B/G/N) WiFi, so make sure to toggle between the different WiFi modes you router has on the 2.4GHz band...one of them should allow the printer to see the router.
The settings should be in the Wireless Settings page.
You other devices might not support WiFi 6, but they support several WiFi modes on both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands.

If the printer is close to the router, you could use an Ethernet (wired) LAN connection instead of WiFi.
WAP or WEP does not have anything to do with the issue.
If the printer cannot see the router then you need to change the WiFi mode on the Router's 2.4GHz band
That printer supports only 2.4GHz (802.11 B/G/N) WiFi, so make sure to toggle between the different WiFi modes you router has on the 2.4GHz band...one of them should allow the printer to see the router.
The settings should be in the Wireless Settings page.
You other devices might not support WiFi 6, but they support several WiFi modes on both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands.

If the printer is close to the router, you could use an Ethernet (wired) LAN connection instead of WiFi.

Solution