Question Networking problem with QOS possibly. my computer does not get the internet it should get.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
Recently, my computer has decided to use less network. previously, it used about 70mps and suddenly wont use more than 15mps. I run a server on the machine so I need good internet. my internet plan is 80mps and we own a century link router. my computer uses WIFI, but its in the same spot as it was when it worked well and when I use my laptop in the same place, it uses 70 mps. how can I get my computer to use more network when it needs it?

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
my router is a century link Actiontec c3000a with the 80mps plan. My wifi adapter is the realtek 8812bu wireless lan 802.11ac usb nic. I updated its drivers and it started to disconnect. Im sure that I messed up its drivers, but I have uninstalled them and reinstalled the drivers still with the same problem. here is where I bought it from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8

Your wifi adapter brand, Nineplus,(full name Shenzhenshi jiujiadianzishangwuyouxiangongsi) sells wifi for as low as $11 USD. Generally, when you see something like that, quality isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

My first suggestion would be to get a better wifi adapter, suck as a Tplink or an Asus, and see if your situation improves.