Question Networking

Aug 13, 2020
if anyone can help and suggest a book to purchase to explain networking for dummies, specifically router configuration, port forwarding, what RTSP, UDP, TCP . etc stand for. ive looked up online "networking for dummies" and there are soooooo many versions, just wanted to know if anyone had a particular one in mind
i have a camera system in my home, and i view my camera thru nViewer app (my cameras run thru DVRLINK.NET)
on the app, i have to set up 2 ways too view my cameras, one way is when i am in my home under my own wifi, which i did, but when im out of my house, i cannot set it up my cameras. i have a new router now and the set up for port forwarding is the same as i had in the past.
please let me know.
thank you

Aug 10, 2020
Worked on a clients camera net (industrial security) on skylink satellite network. Netgear wifi router had a "prevent outsiders from seeing inside devices" setting. But turned out the skylink modem also did that by default, setting only changed by their support. His S/W acted as "directory" to find the camera computers IP address. If cameras stream continuously to drvlink.net and it resends to you, you may be streaming more outgouing data than your network provider allows. Either way seeing whats happening from another network node would be useful and your Internet service provider can see your signal from their end and probably also suggest modem or router settings.

Aug 13, 2020
forgive me, but i dont understand most of what you are saying. i appreciate you taking the time in responding, but i though this would a simple matter of "port forwarding", before, i had a tp link router, went to NAT FORWARDING and used VIRTUAL SERVERS, set up a HTTP and RTSP, both with the same external port, same internal IP and same internal port, protocal set to ALL
now, this new router, the set up is completely different, its a router supplier by my ISP,, so i dont know the manufacutre, it has UDP , TCP protocols, dont know what that is.
any more advice would help, thank you