[SOLVED] Never-Ending POST Beeps from Asus P6T Deluxe

Feb 8, 2021
The issue:
  • Continuous short beeps (short beeps that NEVER STOP repeating)
  • The beeps start immediately after pressing the computer power button
  • The motherboard has onboard power and reset buttons with indicator lights that flash repeatedly after the power supply is switched off
The computer has worked perfectly for years, and I haven't made any changes to it.

Everything is working normally otherwise:
  • Nothing unusual on screen during POST or boot
  • Boots OK
  • Video OK
  • Programs load
  • Windows system information shows all RAM
The only noticeable problem is the beeping--it's so loud that the computer is now practically unusable.

There are two BIOS programs--first a Marvell, then an AMI--and I haven't found anything useful in either for solving the problem.

None of the beep codes that I've seen have a "continuous short beeps" listing.

My questions are:
  • Given that everything appears to be working (except for the beeps), how can I fix the beeping issue?
  • Is there a way to just turn the beeps off? (I've seen no option for this in BIOS or in the manual)
Edit:

Some people are suggesting that the CPU temperature could be the cause of the beeping. The beeps begin the moment that I press the power button--while my finger is still on the button.

Could the CPU reach critical temps instantly in a cold room?

Last edited:
Solution
could be sensor failure
see your bios settings, try disable temperature protection/fan monitoring if it stops beeping
if it does..hmmm its not advised to keep that disabled
if temperatures/fan speed detection looks all fine, then its better to just disconnect pc speaker
Feb 8, 2021
Some people are suggesting that the CPU temperature could be the cause of the beeping. The beeps begin the moment that I press the power button--while my finger is still on the button.

Could the CPU reach critical temps instantly in a cold room?

could be sensor failure
see your bios settings, try disable temperature protection/fan monitoring if it stops beeping
if it does..hmmm its not advised to keep that disabled
if temperatures/fan speed detection looks all fine, then its better to just disconnect pc speaker

Solution