Question Never in my 30 years have i seen this, maybe you have.

Apr 22, 2019
Hello Tom and All,

gigabyte ga-h55m-s2h rev. 1.1 Initially I3, F1, Win pro 64 2x8gb ram. Installed F7 and I7-880 only to remember I7-880 did not have graphics, after install. I'm old. I do not no why but I removed 4gb ram (A-Tech) from slot 1. Removed I7 and replaced the I3 and 4gb ram in slot 1. Bios no longer recognized slot 1. Post and bios will now only see 4gb Yes I did the switch so i no the ram is good. Win 64 info reports it see's 8 gig so telling it to use maximum and so on is for not if the MB doesn't see it in the first place. Pulled power, pressed on to release residual, pulled CMOS battery and jumped pins via visa versa, and let sit. Power up pressing long enough to use dual bios. Nothing. I have exhausted my in the door and pass through the next 15 and back out to try again in the labyrinthine of possibility. I have a new MB on the way but I can't let it go, or is the board just broken because i press on it so hard in disgust, LOL Only thing i did not try was to revert back to F1, just bought another board.

TRENDING THREADS