Question Nevermind

Some thoughts and Open source alternatives (happens to be my favourites):

Inpaint : Why does it require internet access?
Open source alternative: Gimp, there is the "patch" tool that seemingly does the same.

MasterSeeker : Seems pretty old as it officially supports up to Windows 8.1. How does it work on W11 for instance ?

XYplorer : How does this compares to Q-dir (my prefered explorer app on Windows), is XYplorer it worth the cost of buying a license?

USAFRet

Titan
Inpaint no internet access needed. Small standalone. Have not tried Gimp. Seven year old can use it.
MasterSeeker works on win 11
xyplorer - have not tried q-dir

try and see
From the download page of Inpaint
ufYRjGT.jpg

Marplot

Great
Jan 28, 2022
Well! Son-of-a-betcha thought I'd say it!

Never noticed it needed an internet connection. Been using it for quite a few years. It just does it's job quick and easy. I'll ask on the inpaint forum and get back to you. .. . . . . . . no, on second thought just try it out or don't. Whatever.

Last edited:
But what is it actually doing with that?
Let me guess - usually for checking on updates, but in my days before Linux I bought a piece of software that turned out to use internet connection to check for valid license AND that the user is prevented to use the software on more than one computer. That was some sort of defragmenting software not remember its name right now.

USAFRet

Titan
Let me guess - usually for checking on updates, but in my days before Linux I bought a piece of software that turned out to use internet connection to check for valid license AND that the user is prevented to use the software on more than one computer. That was some sort of defragmenting software not remember its name right now.
Checking for updates, sure.
No problem.

My main photo application of Paintshop Pro does that ALL the time. And I know and accept it. Just 5 minutes ago, I got a popup of a cheap upgrade to the newest version.

I'm quite sure my secondary of paint.net does it too, but I never bothered to look.