[SOLVED] New 1050ti fan spinning, but no signal

Jan 21, 2019
Just finished building a new pc and when I connect the graphic card to the mother board and turn on the PC, the fans starts to spin, but then I get the message on the monitor that no signal is detected.

When I disconect the graphics card from the mother board and conect the monitor directly to the mother board, it works fine.

Im using HDMI cable (for some reason DisplayPort cable doesn't work with neither of them, but that will be step 2 to figure out).

I've checked and the cables are firmly connected to the 1050. All the hardware are brand new.

Mother board: AsRock h370
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 ti
PSU: Thermaltake 650W

Thank you so much for your help.

Solution
ideally you test you GPU in another pc and see if it works.

Check in your bios that you don't somehow have something set that would disable the GPU (i would reset bios to default settings)

I would Install windows using your onboard graphics and see if your pc is detecting the card or not.
ideally you test you GPU in another pc and see if it works.

Check in your bios that you don't somehow have something set that would disable the GPU (i would reset bios to default settings)

I would Install windows using your onboard graphics and see if your pc is detecting the card or not.

Solution