Question New 1440p Monitor causing problems!

xRelicanthx

Prominent
Mar 10, 2020
I just bought a new lg 27gl850 monitor, and I am now running a dual monitor setup with a crappy BenQ 1080p monitor.

Basic Specs - i7-8700K CPU GTX 1080Ti 16k RAM.

Problem number 1: I've noticed that gaming performance wise the 1440p monitor has taken a big hit to performance. I understand there's a lot more pixels to work with thus will do so but surely with my PC it should still be able to hold up well. But I find the FPS drops significantly at times. Occasionally I also feel it won't register a mouse click, only occasionally though.

Problem number 2: I am temporarily teaching English online (thanks coronavirus) and was playing a phonics flash game using google chrome and initially started playing it on the LG monitor and it was going almost half speed. Moved it over to the 1080p BenQ and it was running fine. I've already tried turning off hardware acceleration. It works fine for internet explorer but I'd much rather stick to chrome.

Thank you!

Mar 19, 2020
Damn seems like this monitor is not living up to its hype. I'm also having problem with it, It shows 144hz on the osd when on desktop, but when i open csgo it goes to 120hz when i check the osd.