New 1920:1080 Monitor - Edges of the display window not meeting the edges of the monitor screen.

Will Knight

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I've just set up my new monitor (Philips 1080p LED 21.5in) and the edge of the screen does not reach the edge of the monitor (if I'm explaining that right).

Essentially there is a big black strip around the edge of my screen so the display isn't using the entire space. The desktops fits inside this space, it's not like my mouse can move out of the bounds of the window. I'm on Windows 7.

The resolution is set up correctly through the windows display options (1920:1080) and the manual controls on the edge of the monitor itself have no options to resize the screen as far as I can see.

Interestingly, when I first turn the screen on a large "Philips" splash screen pops up which fills the screen perfectly, then my desktop loads and it's confined to having a 1cm bar around the edge.

Is there anything I can do? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Solution

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

do you have the screen connected with hdmi? if so and what card are you using?

in the amd control center there is a option for scaling set that to 0% and it will be good only hdmi has that problem

Solution

Will Knight

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

Thanks Vampyiere6, I actually did a bit more digging and managed to find that scaling was indeed the problem. I came back to the thread to close it.

Thanks though!! :)

123htv786

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

I am having these same problems and I cannot find my amd graphics card settings to change this I am also running windows 7. Can anyone tell me where to find how to change this?