New 2003 server

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I am getting a new Dell server with Windows 2003 preinstalled. Since the
software is preinstalled as a workgroup, how do I bring that server online
with my 4 other servers which are running Windows 2000? It will not be a
domain controller.

Thanks,
George

Hi George,

Join the new Windows server 2003 as a member server of the existing domain.

Provide the IP address / DNS server address on TCP/IP configuration on
Windows server 2003, make sure you are able to ping the Domain controller
from windows server 2003 and join to domain.

Thanks,

sjhari@online.microsoft.com

George

"My Computer\Properties\Computer Name\Change..."

Best regards

Bjorn

"George" <gdenton55.nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am getting a new Dell server with Windows 2003 preinstalled. Since the
>software is preinstalled as a workgroup, how do I bring that server online
>with my 4 other servers which are running Windows 2000? It will not be a
>domain controller.
>
>Thanks,
>George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Don't I have to do some form of Domain Prep?

"George" <gdenton55.nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a new Dell server with Windows 2003 preinstalled. Since the
>software is preinstalled as a workgroup, how do I bring that server online
>with my 4 other servers which are running Windows 2000? It will not be a
>domain controller.
>
> Thanks,
> George

George

No, not as long as it isn't going to be a domain controller.