xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hello everyone!

Im about to upgrade from a 2010 platform and i cant make up my mind on this two alternatives...

On the Intel side, I5-10600k. Will be used with my existing Hyper 212 evo .
AMD side, Ryzen 5 5600x, comes with a budget cooler.

Where i live there is availability for both CPUs.

Also, i dont know which motherboard to pick with any of those...

Both will be paired with a 16gb DDR4 3200MHz kit (2x8gb) that i havent picked yet, but maybe will be the Corsar Vengence LPX 3200

I want to hear your opinions and recommendations on what to do. The PC will be used for daily use that can range for extense Chrome multitasking, AutoCAD, Linux coding and movies/series, etc.

I want a system that can last the most in terms of modern capabilities...

Rest of the PC will be an old gtx780, couple of SSDs and a xfx750w PSU

Thanks!

Solution
Another thing is that the 5600x is not compatible with my existing Hyper 212 EVO and i will have to run the stock cooler where if i go intel , LGA1200 is the same as LGA1151 for the Hyper 212...

It's compatible if you get the appropriate bracket for it. But there's way better coolers out there for the money.

g-unit1111

Titan
The 5600X would be a better option,now.
But with Rocket Lake CPU's,you might wanna wait out a couple of weeks until that is announced.

The bad thing is right now the 5600X is impossible to find. I would suspect the Rocket Lake CPUs won't be easy to find at first either.

I also wouldn't use a Hyper 212 Evo with a current CPU to save a few bucks either. They used to be good coolers but now they are very outdated and newer ones will disperse heat better for newer CPUs.

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Another thing is that the 5600x is not compatible with my existing Hyper 212 EVO and i will have to run the stock cooler where if i go intel , LGA1200 is the same as LGA1151 for the Hyper 212...

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hi!

Im looking for an allrounder PC build but tending to productivity and not so much gaming.

Linux : coding ,MATLAB, simulation software

windows 10 :chrome multitasking, youtube, AutoCAD, office

I cant make my mind between this two contenders...