[SOLVED] New 2070 help

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
So i bought a 2070 and it says its boosts to 1620hz on the box but its going to 1890hz without me doing any overclocking? Is this normal for the card? I dont think its supposed to be going this high, it reached 71C how hot are these supposed to run? I only played 2 hours of COH2.

Solution
It is pretty normal. This is why boost clocks and "OC" edition cards can generally be taken with a big pinch of salt.
You'll often find the non "OC" version cards will still boost to speeds that match the OC versions. It's virtually the same chips underneath it after all.

Is also worth confirming all that Lutfij has stated above.
And 71 degrees is not an issue for that card.

Lutfij

Titan
I would leave them alone so long as you're able to game on the new card. Speaking of which, what was your GPU prior to the 2070? Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers prior to removing your old(assuming a discrete GPU) and then reinstalling the drivers meant for your GPU with the latest off of Nvidia's support site?

Please pass on a link to the 2070 you're using.

Better yet, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It is pretty normal. This is why boost clocks and "OC" edition cards can generally be taken with a big pinch of salt.
You'll often find the non "OC" version cards will still boost to speeds that match the OC versions. It's virtually the same chips underneath it after all.

Is also worth confirming all that Lutfij has stated above.
And 71 degrees is not an issue for that card.

Solution

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I would leave them alone so long as you're able to game on the new card. Speaking of which, what was your GPU prior to the 2070? Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers prior to removing your old(assuming a discrete GPU) and then reinstalling the drivers meant for your GPU with the latest off of Nvidia's support site?

Please pass on a link to the 2070 you're using.

Better yet, list your specs like so:
CPU: 3600x
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A
Ram: 16gb 3khz
SSD/HDD: 4SSD different sizes 1 HDD
GPU: GB 2070 WF
PSU: Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W
Chassis: NZXT 820 Phantom

Its running fine very smooth and quiet, was just making sure 71C was fine for this due to the big boost but if its normal nice :)

My spec is in the quote too

Last edited: